The all-new Civic Type R was developed with the goal to achieve the “ultimate pure sports performance” by attaining the ultimate in both speed, which is the essential value of a sports model, and driving pleasure, which appeals to the emotion of the driver.
How did Honda make it happen?
- Based on the 2.0-liter VTEC Turbo engine inherited from the previous-generation Civic Type R, the engine performance was further improved to deliver maximum output of 243 kW and maximum torque of 420 N･m through the adoption of all-new turbocharger and other advancements.
- Cooling performance along with heat release and aerodynamic performance were improved through various measures, such as the enlargement of the front grille opening area and the effective opening area of the radiator.
- By adopting detail-oriented body parts designs both in the front and rear of the vehicle, the downforce was enhanced effectively, which realized stability while driving at the vehicle’s full potential.
- For the two-piece disc brake system, inherited from the previous-generation Civic Type R, the master power characteristics were modified to further improve controllability of the brake for the entire speed range, from low speed to high speed. In addition, by increasing the efficiency of air intake toward the brake system, an increase in brake temperature during continuous driving on a closed course was reduced, which realized solid braking effect and fade resistance.
- The Michelin Pilot Sport CUP 2 Connect tire was jointly developed with Michelin using know-how amassed through the development of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S, which is the standard tire for the Civic Type R. The Michelin Pilot Sport CUP 2 Connect further enhances the circuit performance of the vehicle, improves dry grip performance and realizes well-balanced handling.
If you’re a dedicated Honda Civic Type R fan – enjoy the bragging rights!
About our publisher: Kaz has been writing all her working life from business cases to training manuals. Her passion is to share far more interesting information whether it’s about fast cars, great products or as a published author of technothrillers and fantasy. As a content publisher she dedicates herself to clean content that is pleasing to the eye and entertaining to read.
You can also visit Kaz at www.kaliddiard.com.